Obama ushered in his second term by throwing U.S. national security over the fiscal cliff.
Afterward, the Obama Administration failed to provide any evidence that the federal government has been damaged by the sequester. In fact, the federal government was so capable of handling the required “budget cuts” that the Obama Administration worried the American people would favor additional budget cuts to rein in out-of-control government spending. In order to advance its agenda, the Obama Administration instructed federal agencies “to make sure the cuts are as painful as President Obama promised they would be.”
Obama was so intent on deceiving the American people that his administration “overreached three times… attempting to illustrate the negative impact of the sequester spending cuts in the short term, giving fodder to those seeking to play down the impact of the cuts. On Monday, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano told reporters that major airports had seen lines ballooning to 150-200 percent their normal size. The Transportation Security Administration later clarified that it was not yet seeing longer-than-normal checkpoint lines… On Friday, meanwhile, President Obama said that janitors at the U.S. Capitol would receive a pay cut due to the sequester cuts. Carlos Elias, the superintendent of the U.S. Capitol building and the Capitol Visitors Center, quickly emailed employees to say “This is NOT TRUE,” adding that “The pay and benefits of EACH of our employees WILL NOT be impacted.”… The prior Sunday, Education Secretary Arne Duncan had said on CBS’ “Face the Nation” that “There are literally teachers now who are getting pink slips, who are getting notices that they can’t come back this fall.” He later acknowledged that he “misspoke” after fact checkers found no evidence for the claim.”
There have been so many absurdities coming from the Obama Administration after the sequester that it’s difficult to keep count:
- 2 days after the sequester took effect, Secretary of State John Kerry announced that the United States would give $250 million to Egypt. Yes, this is the same Obama Administration that previously sent $1 billion of American taxpayer dollars to Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood President Morsi, who has repeatedly expressed his hope for the destruction of Israel and the U.S.– to top it off, John Kerry made a condescending and arguably racist comment that in Cairo he “heard very passionate people who are deeply committed to Egypt and to their version of the democracy that they fought for in their revolution.” The fact that Obama is sending $250 million to Egypt’s repressive regime is truly bizarre, since the Obama Administration claimed that the U.S. couldn’t afford any budget cuts– which is why sequestration happened in the first place.
- “The federal government posted 400 new openings on Monday alone – the first business day under the ravages of the dreaded sequester.” It sure doesn’t seem that the federal government is having any problems!
- 2 days before the sequester, the notorious Transportation Security Administration (TSA) received $50 million for new uniforms.
- Obama’s Secret Service detail won’t be affected by the sequester– but the White House has decided to ‘save some money’ by canceling all White House tours for the public (which require Secret Service officers). How much money will be saved with canceled tours? Answer: A mere $18,000/week, which is nothing but a pittance in relation to the $6 trillion that Obama has added to the national debt since taking office in 2009. And Obama’s dishonest and incompetent administration strikes again: After Obama claimed that he wasn’t responsible for the canceled public tours (and blamed the Secret Service and Congress instead), his own White House press secretary exposed Obama as a liar.
- Obama has also refused to make any cuts to his $277,000 calligraphy staff, despite the fact that his costly White House invitations could be printed “for pocket change.”
America has been brought down into hopeless debt slavery. It’s been revealed that during Obama’s first 4-year term, “the debt of the federal government increased by $5.8 trillion, which exceeds the combined debt accumulated under all presidents from George Washington through Bill Clinton.” To put this into perspective, “the $5,805,754,440,941.62 debt increase under Obama equals about $50,521 per household.”
Update: Democrats can’t handle watching the destruction they’ve wrought on this country: “During a House Financial Services Committee hearing Tuesday on the budget, two Democrats complained after House Financial Services Committee chairman Jeb Hensarling instructed that two monitors in the hearing room display a real-time running national debt clock” and “asked that the debt clock not be on display whenever Democrats spoke.” LOL…
Update #2: As of March 2013, Obama has increased the national debt by more than $6 trillion. There are no signs of stopping!
We can see that Obamacare is a dismal failure. At the same time, Obama has the ‘honor’ of setting a new record– he’s increased the national debt in his first 4-year term more than all 42 U.S. Presidents from George Washington to Bill Clinton combined, and we’re now more than $15 trillion in debt. Can it get any worse?? Yes, it can! “Obamacare will increase the long-term federal deficit by $6.2 trillion, according to a Government Accountability Office (GAO) report released today.”
Who could forget the so-called “Obamaphone lady” who ranted “Everybody in Cleveland, low minorities, got Obama phone. Keep Obama in president, you know? He gave us a phone!”?
It’s now been revealed that “The U.S. government spent about $2.2 billion last year to provide phones to low-income Americans, but a Wall Street Journal review of the program shows that a large number of those who received the phones haven’t proved they are eligible to receive them.” What a combination: government waste AND fraud!
Obama’s second inauguration misrepresented the effect of his policies and gave his ego a false boost. He ignored millions of unemployed Americans… thousands of American troops in harm’s way because Obama had no military or foreign policy experience… military heroes who feel betrayed by Obama… skyrocketing healthcare costs for American families under Obamacare… $50,521 owed by each American household after Obama’s out-of-control government spending… the most extreme divisiveness and partisanship in America since the Civil War… abandoned Hurricane Sandy victims… dead American diplomats in Libya and dead American hostages in Algeria… and the list goes on. In their place, Obama put 8 ‘citizen representatives’ on stage to speak about how their lives were “improved” under Obama’s first term.
Who were these ‘citizen representatives’?
- “Ida Edwards of Petersburg, Va,” a civil rights advocate– but Obama is openly racist, and actually invited a racist preacher to give the benediction during his inauguration.
- “Erica Chain of San Francisco,” who spoke about receiving medical care for a pre-existing condition under Obamacare– but less than one month afterward, we have a newsflash: “Tens of thousands of Americans who cannot get health insurance because of preexisting medical problems will be blocked from a program designed to help them because funding is running low.”
- “Lily Griego of Denver,” who said she was able to attend college because of government funding– of course, her household now owes $50,521 to the government thanks to Obama.
- “Kenyetta Jones of Toledo, Ohio,” who kept her job because of an auto bailout– which cost taxpayers billions of dollars.
- “Liz McCartney of New Orleans,” who helped rebuild after Hurricane Katrina– yet, Obama’s response to Hurricane Sandy was worse than Bush’s response to Hurricane Katrina.
- “Rob Hach of Alta, Iowa,” who started a green energy business– Obama spent billions of taxpayer dollars on “green” companies that he believed would support him politically, and the result was the Solyndra scandal and multiple bankruptcies.
- “David Hall of Washington,” who is pro-gay rights– while Obama is both pro-gay rights AND anti-gay rights, as a political convenience.
- “Petty Officer 2nd Class Taylor Morris of Joint Base Charleston, S.C.,” who served in Afghanistan– where it’s now so dangerous and unstable that Obama’s afraid to visit.
Obama’s inaugural speech was equally a joke:
“For now decisions are upon us, and we cannot afford delay.” — Obama [Obamarageous: … except for Obama’s luxurious vacations and extended absences.]
“We cannot mistake absolutism for principle, or substitute spectacle for politics, or treat name-calling as reasoned debate…” — Obama [Obamarageous: … except that Obama can call Republicans “Tea-Baggers” who are “pointing a gun at the head of the American people,” and Mitt Romney can be called a “bullshitter.”]
Calling it the current generation’s task to carry on the quest for equality, Mr. Obama urged the nation to make sure that women were paid equally to men and that gay men and lesbians were treated equally under the law… [Obamarageous: … but of course, Obama is allowed to pay women less than men in the White House, and Obama opposes gay marriage.]
“Our journey is not complete until all our children, from the streets of Detroit to the hills of Appalachia to the quiet lanes of Newtown, know that they are cared for, and cherished, and always safe from harm,” he said.” — Obama [Obamarageous: … when Obama says “all our children,” he means that quite literally– he’s not talking about American children in general, just his own children.]
And to top it all off, it was a fake inauguration. As usual with Obama, it’s all about show.
During debt-ceiling negotiations to avoid the “fiscal cliff,” the White House informed House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan that it plans to break the law by missing the legal deadline for sending a budget to Congress.
Obama knows he’s a failure– in 2006, he had these harsh words to say about then-President George W. Bush, who added less national debt during his 8-year term than Obama added during his first 4-year term:
“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.” — Obama
Yes, we have a failure of leadership in the Obama Administration– and Americans deserve better. Well said, Obama.