After the terrorist attack on the U.S. Consulate in Libya on the 9/11 anniversary, Obama was forced to change his campaign speeches by taking out the false claim that al-Qaeda was “on the run.” Subsequently, in January 2013, 30 hostages were killed “when Algerian forces stormed a desert gas plant in a bid to free many dozens of Western and local captives” from Islamic terrorists linked to al-Qaeda. Seven Americans were among the hostages, and three of the dead hostages were Americans. Contrast this to what a real leader– Ronald Reagan– accomplished in regard to the Iranian hostage crisis of 1979:
It turns out that even prior to the Algerian hostage crisis, Obama was lying to the American people when he claimed that al-Qaeda was “on the run”: “The U.S.-led military coalition in Afghanistan incorrectly reported a decline in Taliban attacks last year, and officials said Tuesday that there was actually no change in the number of attacks on international troops from 2011 to 2012.”
Disturbingly, some of the same Islamic terrorists who took hostages in Algeria also participated in the terrorist attack that killed 4 Americans and destroyed the U.S. Consulate in Libya just a few months beforehand.
Obama supports radical Islam in the Middle East. There is no other way to explain Obama’s bizarre behavior in relation to Libya:
June 2011: “President Obama’s decision to involve U.S. military forces in an unconstitutional, unexplained mission in Libya has left many Americans seeking answers and action from Congress.” Although Obama had previously shaken hands with Libya’s dictator Gaddafi, Obama ensured Gaddafi’s demise and opened a window for radical Islamists to take over Libya.
September 2012: The U.S. Consulate in Libya was destroyed by radical Islamists who killed 4 American diplomats on the 9/11 anniversary— it turns out that Obama’s State Department had credible information that the attack was going to happen 48 hours prior, but didn’t warn the American diplomats they were in danger. During the attack, there was an urgent request for military assistance that the Obama Administration denied. After the attack, Obama and his administration lied to the American people and said the attack occurred because of spontaneous mob reacting to an anti-Islam youtube video, and was not a terrorist attack. Obama also referred to the deaths of the 4 American diplomats as mere “bumps in the road.”
October 2012: A known ringleader of the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Libya walks freely in the streets of Libya without fear of arrest. The only person arrested was the creator of the anti-Islam youtube video.
February 2013: Defense Secretary Leon Panetta has now testified that Obama was absent and didn’t communicate with him at all on the night of the Libya terrorist attack— and the next morning, Obama was figuratively absent, leaving “operational details, including knowledge of what resources were available to help the Americans under siege, “up to us.”” While Americans were under attack in Libya, Obama– with his priorities completely out of whack– was making a 1-hour call to Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu “to defuse a controversy about President Obama’s refusal to meet with Netanyahu two weeks later at the U.N. General Assembly.”
Obama apparently felt that his lengthy anti-Israel record wasn’t long enough: he has nominated anti-Israel pro-Iran pro-Hezbollah pro-Hamas former Senator Chuck Hagel for Secretary of Defense.
- The head of the Anti-Defamation League has this to say about Hagel: “What I find more troubling is, he had sufficient time to distance himself from the ‘Jewish lobby’ quote, to explain, and he hasn’t… He let it stand. I find that more troubling than the original statement. He sees it out there, he sees it being seen as this truly conspiratorial view, that the Jewish lobby controls foreign policy, and there’s no comment.”
- Hagel has called for “direct, unconditional, and comprehensive talks with the Government of Iran.” This indicates that he believes the genocidal terrorist regime of Iran, with its leaders in power because of a fraudulent election, is a legitimate “Government.” Hagel has a long record of opposing sanctions on Iran– “he was one of two senators to oppose the Iran-Libya Sanctions Act in 2001.”
- Hagel was “one of only 12 Senators who refused to write the EU asking them to declare Hezbollah a terrorist organization.”
- Hagel called for direct talks with Hamas (which is already designated as a terrorist organization by the United States).
- In 1999, Hagel “was the only member of the Senate who refused to sign a letter opposing growing anti-Semitism in Russia.”
- In October 2000, as terrorists attacked Israel during the Second Intifada, Hagel “was one of only 4 Senators who refused to sign a Senate letter in support of Israel.”
Hagel, being a “Republican,” should inflame the opposition of liberal American Jews even more. Yet, Jewish groups are “softening resistance” on the Hagel nomination after the fact. American Jews who support Obama’s bad decisions more than they support the existence of Israel are violating the First Commandment.
Update: “Chuck Hagel said Israel is on its way to becoming an apartheid state during an April 9, 2010, appearance at Rutgers University… Hagel also accused Israel of violating U.N. resolutions, called for U.S.-designated terrorist organization Hamas to be included in any peace negotiations, and described Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu as a “radical”.”
After nominating an anti-Israel pro-terrorist Defense Secretary, Obama will nominate current White House Chief of Staff Jack Lew as the new Treasury Secretary (can it be any more obvious that Obama’s nominations are political favors?).
In response, the top Republican in the Senate Budget Committee says: “Jack Lew must never be Secretary of Treasury… His testimony before the Senate Budget Committee less than two years ago was so outrageous and false that it alone disqualifies… To ‘look the American people in the eye’ and make such a statement remains the most direct and important false assertion during my entire time in Washington.”