Obama has failed to pass a budget since he took office in 2009: “America has been without a budget for the past four years and counting. We go from continuing resolution to continuing resolution to keep the government funded.” Now, Obama says he’s going to break the law and release his 2014 budget to Congress 2 months late.
Incredibly, Obama has the nerve to slam Republican Paul Ryan’s 10-year budget plan which essentially “shows that we can balance the budget in just a decade without any new taxes and still increase spending if we get rid of the massive cost of ObamaCare.” Maybe Obama should propose his own budget plan before he criticizes Republicans’ budget plans. Senator Jeff Sessions said it best: “Will he ever commit himself to a plan? He has been very effective in criticizing others.”
Update: Obama is spamming everyone— not just Republicans.
We can see that Obamacare is a dismal failure. At the same time, Obama has the ‘honor’ of setting a new record– he’s increased the national debt in his first 4-year term more than all 42 U.S. Presidents from George Washington to Bill Clinton combined, and we’re now more than $15 trillion in debt. Can it get any worse?? Yes, it can! “Obamacare will increase the long-term federal deficit by $6.2 trillion, according to a Government Accountability Office (GAO) report released today.”
As the provisions of Obamacare kick into gear during Obama’s second term, we can see the consequences playing out:
- The IRS has announced that under Obamacare the cheapest health insurance plan available in 2016 for a family will cost $20,000 for the year.
- Obamacare will push 7 million people out of their job-based insurance coverage — nearly twice the previous estimate, according to the latest estimates from the Congressional Budget Office.
- Hospitals and medical professionals can’t function under Obamacare: As an example, a Pennsylvania hospital has announced that it “will stop delivering babies after March 31 because its obstetricians are either leaving or refocusing their practices, and because hospital officials believe they can’t afford it based on projected reimbursements under looming federal health care reforms.”
- Oops: Obama’s “pathway to citizenship” for illegal immigrants could increase the projected cost of Obamacare by $300 billion over the next decade, according to the Republican side of the Senate Budget Committee (which based its calculation on the Congressional Budget Office’s estimate that 7 million illegal immigrants are without insurance and 85% of them have incomes low enough to qualify for Obamacare benefits).
Wow, the Democrats really screwed up on this one– after disregarding the Constitution and passing Obamacare without reading the bill (since Democrats know what’s best for the American people, who can’t take care of themselves– right?), their constituents are confused about why they’re experiencing rising costs and higher insurance premiums because of Obamacare.
Update: Democrats trumpeted Obamacare as bringing an end to “discrimination against Americans with pre-existing conditions.” Well, that didn’t last long! Just as the provisions of Obamacare are starting to take effect in 2013, we’ve been told that “Tens of thousands of Americans who cannot get health insurance because of preexisting medical problems will be blocked from a program designed to help them because funding is running low. Obama administration officials said Friday that the state-based “high-risk pools” set up under the 2010 health-care law will be closed to new applicants as soon as Saturday and no later than March 2, depending on the state.” This is just more evidence that Obamacare is a dismal failure– it was marketed as a miraculous solution to America’s healthcare problems, but was dependent on non-existent funding.
“Under the broad banner of “health,” the federal government not only is telling Americans what to eat, it’s also telling us to make our homes safer. This week, the Obama administration released a “bold new vision for addressing the nation’s health and economic burdens caused by preventable hazards associated with the home.””
Obama believes that his power is unlimited, and is in open denial:
“This is something I’ve struggled with throughout my presidency. The problem is that I’m the president of the United States, I’m not the emperor of the United States.” — Obama
Obama’s second inauguration misrepresented the effect of his policies and gave his ego a false boost. He ignored millions of unemployed Americans… thousands of American troops in harm’s way because Obama had no military or foreign policy experience… military heroes who feel betrayed by Obama… skyrocketing healthcare costs for American families under Obamacare… $50,521 owed by each American household after Obama’s out-of-control government spending… the most extreme divisiveness and partisanship in America since the Civil War… abandoned Hurricane Sandy victims… dead American diplomats in Libya and dead American hostages in Algeria… and the list goes on. In their place, Obama put 8 ‘citizen representatives’ on stage to speak about how their lives were “improved” under Obama’s first term.
Who were these ‘citizen representatives’?
- “Ida Edwards of Petersburg, Va,” a civil rights advocate– but Obama is openly racist, and actually invited a racist preacher to give the benediction during his inauguration.
- “Erica Chain of San Francisco,” who spoke about receiving medical care for a pre-existing condition under Obamacare– but less than one month afterward, we have a newsflash: “Tens of thousands of Americans who cannot get health insurance because of preexisting medical problems will be blocked from a program designed to help them because funding is running low.”
- “Lily Griego of Denver,” who said she was able to attend college because of government funding– of course, her household now owes $50,521 to the government thanks to Obama.
- “Kenyetta Jones of Toledo, Ohio,” who kept her job because of an auto bailout– which cost taxpayers billions of dollars.
- “Liz McCartney of New Orleans,” who helped rebuild after Hurricane Katrina– yet, Obama’s response to Hurricane Sandy was worse than Bush’s response to Hurricane Katrina.
- “Rob Hach of Alta, Iowa,” who started a green energy business– Obama spent billions of taxpayer dollars on “green” companies that he believed would support him politically, and the result was the Solyndra scandal and multiple bankruptcies.
- “David Hall of Washington,” who is pro-gay rights– while Obama is both pro-gay rights AND anti-gay rights, as a political convenience.
- “Petty Officer 2nd Class Taylor Morris of Joint Base Charleston, S.C.,” who served in Afghanistan– where it’s now so dangerous and unstable that Obama’s afraid to visit.
Obama’s inaugural speech was equally a joke:
“For now decisions are upon us, and we cannot afford delay.” — Obama [Obamarageous: … except for Obama’s luxurious vacations and extended absences.]
“We cannot mistake absolutism for principle, or substitute spectacle for politics, or treat name-calling as reasoned debate…” — Obama [Obamarageous: … except that Obama can call Republicans “Tea-Baggers” who are “pointing a gun at the head of the American people,” and Mitt Romney can be called a “bullshitter.”]
Calling it the current generation’s task to carry on the quest for equality, Mr. Obama urged the nation to make sure that women were paid equally to men and that gay men and lesbians were treated equally under the law… [Obamarageous: … but of course, Obama is allowed to pay women less than men in the White House, and Obama opposes gay marriage.]
“Our journey is not complete until all our children, from the streets of Detroit to the hills of Appalachia to the quiet lanes of Newtown, know that they are cared for, and cherished, and always safe from harm,” he said.” — Obama [Obamarageous: … when Obama says “all our children,” he means that quite literally– he’s not talking about American children in general, just his own children.]
And to top it all off, it was a fake inauguration. As usual with Obama, it’s all about show.
As the GOP always knew, Obamacare is a tool of tyranny. You don’t even need to be anti-gun control to find it repulsive that Obama is now using Obamacare to compel doctors to ask their patients about gun ownership and “gun safety.” This isn’t a question of health or security– this is about freedom and privacy. Obama should not use legislation such as Obamacare for unintended purposes so that he can advance his political agenda.
There are certainly desirable gun control measures that should be taken– but Obama won’t let the American people have stricter background checks unless they also accept a national database of law-abiding gun owners. It’s all or nothing, to Obama.
“During his first run for president, Barack Obama made one very specific promise to voters: He would cut health insurance premiums for families by $2,500, and do so in his first term.” Too bad the reality is that the Obama Administration has INCREASED health insurance premiums for family coverage by $3,065.
Health insurance premiums didn’t increase to such an extent under the much-maligned Bush Administration.
Thanks to Obamacare, you can expect your health insurance premiums to increase even more over the next 4 years.
It’s not very surprising that “Veruca Salt” would be whining about the effects of Obamacare after viciously attacking conservatives for opposing it. Maybe it would have been better for the Democrats to lose the 2012 election, so that they could pin the consequences of their failed policies on the Republicans (again)… but now, the Democrats have to deal with realities like Denny’s restaurants in Florida cutting employees’ work hours and adding a 5% Obamacare surcharge to customers’ bills. Will the Democrats try to boycott the entire U.S. economy?
With Obama having lost every ounce of credibility in both the economic and foreign policy arenas, Obama’s last stand is the supposed “war on women” waged by Republicans. The Obama campaign released this appeal to the women of America, letting us know exactly how dumb they believe we are: “Vote like your lady parts depend on it. Because they kinda do.” http://www.weeklystandard.com/sites/all/files/images/ladyparts.img_assist_custom-640×399.jpg
The Obama Administration doesn’t want to talk about the REAL war on women or tell you where it’s coming from. On the domestic front, we have Obama’s Dept of Health Task Force recommending a “huge step backwards” in breast cancer screenings:http://www.breastcancer.org/mammography_guidelines We also have this same Task Force recommending another huge step backwards in cervical cancer screenings: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/new-guidelines-on-how-often-women-should-undergo-pelvic-exams Obamacare has a system for rationing health care, and we’d better believe that it will be rationing care based on these recommendations. What’s more important to you: free birth control (which states can already choose to provide themselves), or women’s ability to get cancer screenings? There’s no question that birth control and legal abortions will continue to be available– there is long-standing precedent in this country. So, is Obama worth your vote when he clearly doesn’t care about your well-being?
Internationally, THIS is the real war on women:
Islamic terrorists who throw acid in women’s and girl’s faces and shoot them in the head for attending school. In both of these cases that I posted links to, the Taliban was responsible. What does your current Vice President have to say about the Taliban? The illustrious Joe Biden says: The Taliban per se is not our enemy. (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12/19/white-house-stands-by-biden-statement-that-taliban-isnt-us-enemy/) The White House stands by that statement. Yes, that’s right: The Obama Administration does NOT CARE about the freedom and prosperity of women. The most extreme war on women is being waged by a group of people that Obama can’t even name, because he is so “politically correct”– Obama has officially labeled Islamic terrorism as “man-caused disasters” and the War on Terror as an “Overseas Contingency Operation.” In stark contrast, the Republicans are naming that group of people: Islamic terrorists. That’s what they are, and this is what they’re doing. Is this acceptable to any woman?