Obama ushered in his second term by throwing U.S. national security over the fiscal cliff.
Afterward, the Obama Administration failed to provide any evidence that the federal government has been damaged by the sequester. In fact, the federal government was so capable of handling the required “budget cuts” that the Obama Administration worried the American people would favor additional budget cuts to rein in out-of-control government spending. In order to advance its agenda, the Obama Administration instructed federal agencies “to make sure the cuts are as painful as President Obama promised they would be.”
Obama was so intent on deceiving the American people that his administration “overreached three times… attempting to illustrate the negative impact of the sequester spending cuts in the short term, giving fodder to those seeking to play down the impact of the cuts. On Monday, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano told reporters that major airports had seen lines ballooning to 150-200 percent their normal size. The Transportation Security Administration later clarified that it was not yet seeing longer-than-normal checkpoint lines… On Friday, meanwhile, President Obama said that janitors at the U.S. Capitol would receive a pay cut due to the sequester cuts. Carlos Elias, the superintendent of the U.S. Capitol building and the Capitol Visitors Center, quickly emailed employees to say “This is NOT TRUE,” adding that “The pay and benefits of EACH of our employees WILL NOT be impacted.”… The prior Sunday, Education Secretary Arne Duncan had said on CBS’ “Face the Nation” that “There are literally teachers now who are getting pink slips, who are getting notices that they can’t come back this fall.” He later acknowledged that he “misspoke” after fact checkers found no evidence for the claim.”
There have been so many absurdities coming from the Obama Administration after the sequester that it’s difficult to keep count:
- 2 days after the sequester took effect, Secretary of State John Kerry announced that the United States would give $250 million to Egypt. Yes, this is the same Obama Administration that previously sent $1 billion of American taxpayer dollars to Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood President Morsi, who has repeatedly expressed his hope for the destruction of Israel and the U.S.– to top it off, John Kerry made a condescending and arguably racist comment that in Cairo he “heard very passionate people who are deeply committed to Egypt and to their version of the democracy that they fought for in their revolution.” The fact that Obama is sending $250 million to Egypt’s repressive regime is truly bizarre, since the Obama Administration claimed that the U.S. couldn’t afford any budget cuts– which is why sequestration happened in the first place.
- “The federal government posted 400 new openings on Monday alone – the first business day under the ravages of the dreaded sequester.” It sure doesn’t seem that the federal government is having any problems!
- 2 days before the sequester, the notorious Transportation Security Administration (TSA) received $50 million for new uniforms.
- Obama’s Secret Service detail won’t be affected by the sequester– but the White House has decided to ‘save some money’ by canceling all White House tours for the public (which require Secret Service officers). How much money will be saved with canceled tours? Answer: A mere $18,000/week, which is nothing but a pittance in relation to the $6 trillion that Obama has added to the national debt since taking office in 2009. And Obama’s dishonest and incompetent administration strikes again: After Obama claimed that he wasn’t responsible for the canceled public tours (and blamed the Secret Service and Congress instead), his own White House press secretary exposed Obama as a liar.
- Obama has also refused to make any cuts to his $277,000 calligraphy staff, despite the fact that his costly White House invitations could be printed “for pocket change.”
Updated: “Survivors of the November 2009 Fort Hood massacre have created a YouTube video urging the Obama administration to “stop the government charade: the Fort Hood terror attack was not ‘workplace violence.’”
The video was created by the organization The Coalition of the Fort Hood Heroes, which includes 160 victims and family members. The Coalition is also demanding a formal apology, Purple Heart awards for the soldiers and fair compensation for all injuries. In the 14-minute video, survivors point to Hasan’s known al-Qaida connection to bolster their claim the attack was an act of terror. The Muslim Army psychiatrist, who shouted “Allahu akbar” multiple times as he carried out the assault, had corresponded with a top al-Qaida recruiter over a dozen times in the six months leading up to the attack, according to the FBI.”
Updated again: Fort Hood hero Sgt. Kimberly Munley says President Obama broke his promise to the victims: “Betrayed is a good word… Not to the least little bit have the victims been taken care of, in fact they’ve been neglected.”
Remember this picture?
This picture of a Hurricane Sandy victim went viral and helped Obama win re-election. Now, the pictured victim, Donna Vanzant, feels even more victimized: “After his visit, I sent an email to President Obama. Many days later, I got a response back. It was disturbing. It had nothing to do with what I was asking him. It was a form letter. It thanked me for supporting the troops. He made a promise to rebuild on national television, and I can’t even get this money. It’s heartbreaking, really. I did reach out to Senator Whelan, and I got a response that they were forwarding my email to the person that Governor Christie put in charge of Sandy relief. But from President Obama, I got a form letter. When you get a hug from the President of the United States, you feel like there’s something there. A promise was made. I have two grown kids. One is a U.S. Navy diver. The other one lives at the marina with his wife and new baby, and they lost everything. But I raised my kids to know that your word is your word. You promise something, you keep it, and that was a broken promise. I’ve never been a person to expect free handouts, but the President gave me hope. But now, I just don’t know.”
Despite the fact that Susan Rice (the U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. under Obama) lied to the American people by stating that the Benghazi attack was a “spontaneous mob reaction” instead of a terror attack, Obama wants her to be the new Secretary of State. Furthermore, according to the White House Press Secretary, Obama “is not particularly concerned” about whether Susan Rice misled the American people— which makes sense, since the evidence shows it was the Obama Administration that altered the CIA’s talking points about the Benghazi attack to help Obama win re-election. Susan Rice was just doing her “job” in helping Obama lie to the American people by getting false talking points out to the media. Of course Obama isn’t “concerned”– he wants to reward her with a cabinet position!
“Two hours after the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, the White House, the State Department and the FBI were told that an Islamist group had claimed credit, government e-mails obtained by CNN show… The subject line said: “Ansar al-Sharia Claims Responsibility for Benghazi Attack (SBU).” There was nothing about a youtube video or a spontaneous mob protest. However, Obama and his presidential administration lied to the American people about the nature of this attack for two weeks.
More importantly: The father of murdered former Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods has come forward after Obama’s outrageous, unapologetic behavior in the wake of this scandal: “When [Obama] came over to our little area” at Andrew Air Force Base, says Woods, “he kind of just mumbled, you know, ‘I’m sorry.’ His face was looking at me, but his eyes were looking over my shoulder like he could not look me in the eye. And it was not a sincere, ‘I’m really sorry, you know, that your son died,’ but it was totally insincere, more of whining type, ‘I’m sorry.’” Woods says that shaking President Obama’s hands at his son’s memorial service was “like shaking hands with a dead fish.” “It just didn’t feel right,” he says of his encounter with the commander in chief. Moreover, bizarrely– inappropriately– and disturbingly, at the ceremony for the return of Tyrone Wood’s body, Vice President Joe Biden approached Woods’ family and asked, ‘Did your son always have balls the size of cue balls?’
The news keeps getting worse: “And now that it’s coming out that apparently the White House situation room was watching our people die in real time, as this was happening,” Woods says, he wants answers on what happened—and why there was no apparent effort to save his son’s life… Woods says he was told by military officials that the military could have “come above [the area] and completely carpeted area,” and therefore saved the officials in Benghazi, Libya. But that someone gave the command for the American military not to save the lives of the Americans under attack.” Yes, that’s correct: “Fox News has learned from sources who were on the ground in Benghazi that an urgent request from the CIA annex for military back-up during the attack on the U.S. consulate and subsequent attack several hours later on the annex itself was denied by the CIA chain of command — who also told the CIA operators twice to “stand down” rather than help the ambassador’s team… Woods and at least two others ignored those orders and made their way to the consulate which at that point was on fire… At that point, they called again for military support and help because they were taking fire at the CIA safe house, or annex. The request was denied… According to sources on the ground during the attack, the special operator on the roof of the CIA annex had visual contact and a laser pointing at the Libyan mortar team that was targeting the CIA annex… Fox News has learned that there were two military surveillance drones… Both were capable of sending real time visuals back to U.S. officials in Washington, D.C. Any U.S. official or agency with the proper clearance, including the White House Situation Room, State Department, CIA, Pentagon and others, could call up that video in real time on their computers.”
At least in Nixon’s Watergate scandal, no one got killed. The Obama Administration not only denied military assistance for U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and the other diplomats at the U.S. Consulate in Libya, but flat-out lied to the American people about the nature of the attack for approximately two weeks.