Obama ushered in his second term by throwing U.S. national security over the fiscal cliff.
Afterward, the Obama Administration failed to provide any evidence that the federal government has been damaged by the sequester. In fact, the federal government was so capable of handling the required “budget cuts” that the Obama Administration worried the American people would favor additional budget cuts to rein in out-of-control government spending. In order to advance its agenda, the Obama Administration instructed federal agencies “to make sure the cuts are as painful as President Obama promised they would be.”
Obama was so intent on deceiving the American people that his administration “overreached three times… attempting to illustrate the negative impact of the sequester spending cuts in the short term, giving fodder to those seeking to play down the impact of the cuts. On Monday, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano told reporters that major airports had seen lines ballooning to 150-200 percent their normal size. The Transportation Security Administration later clarified that it was not yet seeing longer-than-normal checkpoint lines… On Friday, meanwhile, President Obama said that janitors at the U.S. Capitol would receive a pay cut due to the sequester cuts. Carlos Elias, the superintendent of the U.S. Capitol building and the Capitol Visitors Center, quickly emailed employees to say “This is NOT TRUE,” adding that “The pay and benefits of EACH of our employees WILL NOT be impacted.”… The prior Sunday, Education Secretary Arne Duncan had said on CBS’ “Face the Nation” that “There are literally teachers now who are getting pink slips, who are getting notices that they can’t come back this fall.” He later acknowledged that he “misspoke” after fact checkers found no evidence for the claim.”
There have been so many absurdities coming from the Obama Administration after the sequester that it’s difficult to keep count:
- 2 days after the sequester took effect, Secretary of State John Kerry announced that the United States would give $250 million to Egypt. Yes, this is the same Obama Administration that previously sent $1 billion of American taxpayer dollars to Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood President Morsi, who has repeatedly expressed his hope for the destruction of Israel and the U.S.– to top it off, John Kerry made a condescending and arguably racist comment that in Cairo he “heard very passionate people who are deeply committed to Egypt and to their version of the democracy that they fought for in their revolution.” The fact that Obama is sending $250 million to Egypt’s repressive regime is truly bizarre, since the Obama Administration claimed that the U.S. couldn’t afford any budget cuts– which is why sequestration happened in the first place.
- “The federal government posted 400 new openings on Monday alone – the first business day under the ravages of the dreaded sequester.” It sure doesn’t seem that the federal government is having any problems!
- 2 days before the sequester, the notorious Transportation Security Administration (TSA) received $50 million for new uniforms.
- Obama’s Secret Service detail won’t be affected by the sequester– but the White House has decided to ‘save some money’ by canceling all White House tours for the public (which require Secret Service officers). How much money will be saved with canceled tours? Answer: A mere $18,000/week, which is nothing but a pittance in relation to the $6 trillion that Obama has added to the national debt since taking office in 2009. And Obama’s dishonest and incompetent administration strikes again: After Obama claimed that he wasn’t responsible for the canceled public tours (and blamed the Secret Service and Congress instead), his own White House press secretary exposed Obama as a liar.
- Obama has also refused to make any cuts to his $277,000 calligraphy staff, despite the fact that his costly White House invitations could be printed “for pocket change.”