Obama apparently felt that his lengthy anti-Israel record wasn’t long enough: he has nominated anti-Israel pro-Iran pro-Hezbollah pro-Hamas former Senator Chuck Hagel for Secretary of Defense.
- The head of the Anti-Defamation League has this to say about Hagel: “What I find more troubling is, he had sufficient time to distance himself from the ‘Jewish lobby’ quote, to explain, and he hasn’t… He let it stand. I find that more troubling than the original statement. He sees it out there, he sees it being seen as this truly conspiratorial view, that the Jewish lobby controls foreign policy, and there’s no comment.”
- Hagel has called for “direct, unconditional, and comprehensive talks with the Government of Iran.” This indicates that he believes the genocidal terrorist regime of Iran, with its leaders in power because of a fraudulent election, is a legitimate “Government.” Hagel has a long record of opposing sanctions on Iran– “he was one of two senators to oppose the Iran-Libya Sanctions Act in 2001.”
- Hagel was “one of only 12 Senators who refused to write the EU asking them to declare Hezbollah a terrorist organization.”
- Hagel called for direct talks with Hamas (which is already designated as a terrorist organization by the United States).
- In 1999, Hagel “was the only member of the Senate who refused to sign a letter opposing growing anti-Semitism in Russia.”
- In October 2000, as terrorists attacked Israel during the Second Intifada, Hagel “was one of only 4 Senators who refused to sign a Senate letter in support of Israel.”
Hagel, being a “Republican,” should inflame the opposition of liberal American Jews even more. Yet, Jewish groups are “softening resistance” on the Hagel nomination after the fact. American Jews who support Obama’s bad decisions more than they support the existence of Israel are violating the First Commandment.
Update: “Chuck Hagel said Israel is on its way to becoming an apartheid state during an April 9, 2010, appearance at Rutgers University… Hagel also accused Israel of violating U.N. resolutions, called for U.S.-designated terrorist organization Hamas to be included in any peace negotiations, and described Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu as a “radical”.”
Obama won re-election with 69% of the American Jewish vote, despite the very long list of Obama’s anti-Israel policies and actions during his first term. After hundreds of rocket attacks from Hamas, Hillary Clinton has now announced that Israel has a “lack of generosity” and a “lack of empathy” for Palestinians. Israel, which drops Arabic leaflets warning civilians to get out of the heavily-populated civilian areas where Palestinian terrorists purposefully place their rocket launch pads before attacking– Israel, which voluntarily withdrew from Gaza in 2005 without any concessions from the Palestinians and received nothing except rocket attacks in return– Israel, which offered Palestinians 91% of the West Bank, all of the Gaza Strip, and half of Jerusalem while Arafat was in power despite the fact that Israel legitimately acquired the territory in a defensive war– is not “generous” or “empathetic”?
Apparently Hillary Clinton and the rest of the Obama Administration would have us believe that the Palestinian culture and government are “generous” and “empathetic”: