Obama apparently felt that his lengthy anti-Israel record wasn’t long enough: he has nominated anti-Israel pro-Iran pro-Hezbollah pro-Hamas former Senator Chuck Hagel for Secretary of Defense.
- The head of the Anti-Defamation League has this to say about Hagel: “What I find more troubling is, he had sufficient time to distance himself from the ‘Jewish lobby’ quote, to explain, and he hasn’t… He let it stand. I find that more troubling than the original statement. He sees it out there, he sees it being seen as this truly conspiratorial view, that the Jewish lobby controls foreign policy, and there’s no comment.”
- Hagel has called for “direct, unconditional, and comprehensive talks with the Government of Iran.” This indicates that he believes the genocidal terrorist regime of Iran, with its leaders in power because of a fraudulent election, is a legitimate “Government.” Hagel has a long record of opposing sanctions on Iran– “he was one of two senators to oppose the Iran-Libya Sanctions Act in 2001.”
- Hagel was “one of only 12 Senators who refused to write the EU asking them to declare Hezbollah a terrorist organization.”
- Hagel called for direct talks with Hamas (which is already designated as a terrorist organization by the United States).
- In 1999, Hagel “was the only member of the Senate who refused to sign a letter opposing growing anti-Semitism in Russia.”
- In October 2000, as terrorists attacked Israel during the Second Intifada, Hagel “was one of only 4 Senators who refused to sign a Senate letter in support of Israel.”
Hagel, being a “Republican,” should inflame the opposition of liberal American Jews even more. Yet, Jewish groups are “softening resistance” on the Hagel nomination after the fact. American Jews who support Obama’s bad decisions more than they support the existence of Israel are violating the First Commandment.
Update: “Chuck Hagel said Israel is on its way to becoming an apartheid state during an April 9, 2010, appearance at Rutgers University… Hagel also accused Israel of violating U.N. resolutions, called for U.S.-designated terrorist organization Hamas to be included in any peace negotiations, and described Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu as a “radical”.”
Obama is lucky that Congress hasn’t passed legislation designating the Muslim Brotherhood as a “terrorist” organization (YET).
Pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 2339A, it’s a felony (punishable by a fine and/or imprisonment) to provide material support or resources to “terrorists.” By every measure of reality, the Muslim Brotherhood qualifies as a “terrorist” organization— founded by Hasan al-Banna (a devout supporter of the Nazis), supporting jihadist terrorism against Western nations, facilitating the growth of Al Qaeda, opposing the killing of Osama bin Laden, serving as the “parent organization” of Hamas, and encouraging its members to engage in terrorist acts and form their own terrorist organizations. Even the FBI Chief testified that “elements of the Muslim Brotherhood, the Islamist group whose ideology has inspired terrorists such as Osama bin Laden, are in the United States and have supported terrorism here and overseas.” Yet, Congress hasn’t managed to pass legislation officially designating the Muslim Brotherhood as a “terrorist organization.”
As a result, Obama is able to get away with sending “more than 20 F-16 fighter jets, as part of a $1 billion foreign aid package” to the Muslim Brotherhood-led Egyptian government— despite the fact that “Pharoah” Morsi has seized absolute power, sparking violence in Cairo and threatening the national security of both the U.S. and Israel. It’s incredible that Obama continues to embrace Morsi, despite the fact that Morsi openly prays for the destruction of the U.S. and Israel.
November 6, 2012: Obama is re-elected.
November 14, 2012: More than 200 Palestinian rockets explode on Israeli territory, and “Israel moved closer to an all-out ground war with Hamas Thursday, as Israeli planes, tanks and gunboats pounded suspected militant positions in Gaza in retaliation for another day of Hamas rocket attacks that left at least three Israelis dead.”
Conclusion: Obama’s re-election has emboldened radical Islamic elements in the Middle East. And terrorists are continuing to propagandize Israel’s efforts to protect itself.
“Scores of known radical Islamists made hundreds of visits to the Obama White House, meeting with top administration officials. Court documents and other records have identified many of these visitors as belonging to groups serving as fronts for the Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas and other Islamic militant organizations.” Among these Obama guests were radical Islamists who have been designated by the Justice Department as unindicted co-conspirators in terrorist trials, radical Islamists who have obstructed terrorist investigations, and radical Islamists who have promoted incendiary conspiratorial allegations against the United States.