As the provisions of Obamacare kick into gear during Obama’s second term, we can see the consequences playing out:
- The IRS has announced that under Obamacare the cheapest health insurance plan available in 2016 for a family will cost $20,000 for the year.
- Obamacare will push 7 million people out of their job-based insurance coverage — nearly twice the previous estimate, according to the latest estimates from the Congressional Budget Office.
- Hospitals and medical professionals can’t function under Obamacare: As an example, a Pennsylvania hospital has announced that it “will stop delivering babies after March 31 because its obstetricians are either leaving or refocusing their practices, and because hospital officials believe they can’t afford it based on projected reimbursements under looming federal health care reforms.”
- Oops: Obama’s “pathway to citizenship” for illegal immigrants could increase the projected cost of Obamacare by $300 billion over the next decade, according to the Republican side of the Senate Budget Committee (which based its calculation on the Congressional Budget Office’s estimate that 7 million illegal immigrants are without insurance and 85% of them have incomes low enough to qualify for Obamacare benefits).
Wow, the Democrats really screwed up on this one– after disregarding the Constitution and passing Obamacare without reading the bill (since Democrats know what’s best for the American people, who can’t take care of themselves– right?), their constituents are confused about why they’re experiencing rising costs and higher insurance premiums because of Obamacare.
Update: Democrats trumpeted Obamacare as bringing an end to “discrimination against Americans with pre-existing conditions.” Well, that didn’t last long! Just as the provisions of Obamacare are starting to take effect in 2013, we’ve been told that “Tens of thousands of Americans who cannot get health insurance because of preexisting medical problems will be blocked from a program designed to help them because funding is running low. Obama administration officials said Friday that the state-based “high-risk pools” set up under the 2010 health-care law will be closed to new applicants as soon as Saturday and no later than March 2, depending on the state.” This is just more evidence that Obamacare is a dismal failure– it was marketed as a miraculous solution to America’s healthcare problems, but was dependent on non-existent funding.
Update: Gas prices in 2013 could hit record highs– “so far this year, prices are surging sooner and faster than ever before.”
Obama’s second inauguration misrepresented the effect of his policies and gave his ego a false boost. He ignored millions of unemployed Americans… thousands of American troops in harm’s way because Obama had no military or foreign policy experience… military heroes who feel betrayed by Obama… skyrocketing healthcare costs for American families under Obamacare… $50,521 owed by each American household after Obama’s out-of-control government spending… the most extreme divisiveness and partisanship in America since the Civil War… abandoned Hurricane Sandy victims… dead American diplomats in Libya and dead American hostages in Algeria… and the list goes on. In their place, Obama put 8 ‘citizen representatives’ on stage to speak about how their lives were “improved” under Obama’s first term.
Who were these ‘citizen representatives’?
- “Ida Edwards of Petersburg, Va,” a civil rights advocate– but Obama is openly racist, and actually invited a racist preacher to give the benediction during his inauguration.
- “Erica Chain of San Francisco,” who spoke about receiving medical care for a pre-existing condition under Obamacare– but less than one month afterward, we have a newsflash: “Tens of thousands of Americans who cannot get health insurance because of preexisting medical problems will be blocked from a program designed to help them because funding is running low.”
- “Lily Griego of Denver,” who said she was able to attend college because of government funding– of course, her household now owes $50,521 to the government thanks to Obama.
- “Kenyetta Jones of Toledo, Ohio,” who kept her job because of an auto bailout– which cost taxpayers billions of dollars.
- “Liz McCartney of New Orleans,” who helped rebuild after Hurricane Katrina– yet, Obama’s response to Hurricane Sandy was worse than Bush’s response to Hurricane Katrina.
- “Rob Hach of Alta, Iowa,” who started a green energy business– Obama spent billions of taxpayer dollars on “green” companies that he believed would support him politically, and the result was the Solyndra scandal and multiple bankruptcies.
- “David Hall of Washington,” who is pro-gay rights– while Obama is both pro-gay rights AND anti-gay rights, as a political convenience.
- “Petty Officer 2nd Class Taylor Morris of Joint Base Charleston, S.C.,” who served in Afghanistan– where it’s now so dangerous and unstable that Obama’s afraid to visit.
Obama’s inaugural speech was equally a joke:
“For now decisions are upon us, and we cannot afford delay.” — Obama [Obamarageous: … except for Obama’s luxurious vacations and extended absences.]
“We cannot mistake absolutism for principle, or substitute spectacle for politics, or treat name-calling as reasoned debate…” — Obama [Obamarageous: … except that Obama can call Republicans “Tea-Baggers” who are “pointing a gun at the head of the American people,” and Mitt Romney can be called a “bullshitter.”]
Calling it the current generation’s task to carry on the quest for equality, Mr. Obama urged the nation to make sure that women were paid equally to men and that gay men and lesbians were treated equally under the law… [Obamarageous: … but of course, Obama is allowed to pay women less than men in the White House, and Obama opposes gay marriage.]
“Our journey is not complete until all our children, from the streets of Detroit to the hills of Appalachia to the quiet lanes of Newtown, know that they are cared for, and cherished, and always safe from harm,” he said.” — Obama [Obamarageous: … when Obama says “all our children,” he means that quite literally– he’s not talking about American children in general, just his own children.]
And to top it all off, it was a fake inauguration. As usual with Obama, it’s all about show.